Friday, December 16, 2005

Day 19 - Blogging on the road.

Am out of town today. Road trip with the parents to go see my sis get hooded for her doctorate (yay sis!). I can't resist the urge to blog on the road, just because I can! I have my free wireless internet here at Best Western, I am downloading and burning audiobooks, I am emailing the hubby to give him a status update, and I am updating my blog. Am such a cool and modern chick.

On a more bloggy note (see? the F word is not the only word that can be used in so many forms... example: "I blogged my bloggy blog"), I want to share a blog I found that I am really kind of obsessed with. Check out PostSecret! It is a blog that collects anonymously mailed, home-made postcards that each tell the sender's secret. I am so amazed at how artful these cards are and how poignant their words. It's amazing what beauty comes of simple honesty; the kind that comes from the soul. They have even held exhibits at art galleries of the secrets collected by PostSecret. They also have a book showcasing part of their collection. Check it out! It really is something. And, like me, I am sure you will be checking every Sunday to see this week's secrets.

I posted something new (the beginning on a series of posts about 80s films) on P&C the other day. It's the first of several top 20 lists of 80s films. Trouble is, I am realizing how much work it is to create and write such a list! So it is taking me quite a while to write the next one. I am in awe of my cousin Colleen's blog, since she writes something substantial every day!

Well, ok, I am done burning the audiobook, and I no longer have an excuse to blog my bloggy blog.

Just had a thought: I think the phrase "burning the midnight oil" should be updated to "burning the midnight audiobook." ;)
Back to the full blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home