Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Day one - My first impressions of being a blogger

As you know from my previous post. I am very skeptical about this whole thing. Yet, somehow, I am already thrust into the blog world full force with a whopping two blogs! How many does a girl need? Maybe we have yet to find out. Already I am having to relearn old html code I had long forgotten, and I am being asked to learn about RSS subscriptions. It's madness!

As far as the effect it has had on me, well, I don't know yet. It's all fresh and new. Something to distract me from real life. Something to take my concentration away from better things. I am sure that will wear off soon. One strange thing is that I suddenly have begun to care about using the correct words and semi-correct grammar. I keep going back and re-editing posts so that they can be rid of some ugly mistakes. Already my writing is being reinvigorated. I have been given the excuse to um... pick up the pen again and it feels pretty good. I suddenly have tons of ideas for essays. Yeah I am trying really hard not to get too self-important and whatnot. For instance, I am being careful to only write about things that I think are worthwhile. I wrote my first film review and promptly deleted it when I realized that the film wasn't even worth hating, (I am embarassed to say I wrote on Thumb Wars). I got a hold of myself and deleted it. I plan to write something much more meaningful soon about documentaries and WINGED MIGRATION. But in the end, I can't seem really to be free of self-indulgence and narcissism, can I? I mean, what more mundane thoughts could I be sharing with the world (and more likely no one) than my thoughts on the blogging experience itself. Is that it? Am I already defeated? Was it that easy for me to be just like those other bloggers that think every thought is worth something? I hope not. At least this second blog will keep me from bringing down the integrity of the other blog with talk ABOUT blogging. (Excuse me, did I just say something about the integrity of a blog??? This IS trouble.) Ugh, consumed too much with self today. Must go to bed and wake up with this whole blog thing as a strange dream. G'night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home